Thursday, January 9, 2020

Everyone but Me!!!


 Hi guys, welcome to another week. I am so excited to share this as I believe it is the reality of most if not all of us, although we try to deny it or even ignore it till it goes away. 


So, this past year, a lot of my personal friends got engaged, married and some found a forever boo YIPEE!!! Yet as happy as I was for them, they were times when I thought when will mine happen? I had even gotten to a point where I had convinced myself that I did not desire companionship in any way, shape or form. I began to use the failures of my past relationship as a valid reason why I should give up all fantasy about love but despite all the tactics I used I still desired to be a part of that lovely companionship I saw my friends buy into. 
Once I discovered that this desire was not going anywhere, I decided to prepare. 
What do I know I am preparing for? how do you prepare? Well, these questions also crossed my mind but then I remembered that If you fail to plan then you plan to fail. 
I decided to get myself in position by preparing and what better way to prepare than, to begin with, prayers. I spoke to God about my desire and let him know what I wanted 
Like 6 ft tall, black chocolate, pink lips, sense of humor 😂😂 just joking (although I would not mind). I spoke to God about the things I desired in a partner that aligned with my values (spiritual, personal and emotional) and after this, I had to have a candid conversation with myself. I asked myself “if this man showed up at my doorstep right now, will I be ready?” Brethren the answer was a resounding NO, and this helped me identify areas in my life that I needed to work on to ensure that I do not end up shortchanging future bae. 
How does this apply to me, I don’t care for marriage, I am already married, I am engaged? You might ask. Well, this drawn-out scenario does not only apply to one’s desire for a relationship, but it also applies to our desires in general. 
Ask yourself honestly, if those things you are desperately looking forward to appears at your doorstep now will you be ready? If your answer is NO like mine was, probe further and discover why. Is it a character flaw that needs to be checked, Is it a manner of approach that needs to be redesigned, is it courses you need to take to make you more competitive, is it your companions you need to change, whatever it might be, Identification is the first step. 
Once you can identify it, you can begin working on it thus preparing yourself better for that blessing. Most importantly, as you prepare for whatever you desire do not make the mistake of taking out the GOD factor, the bible says “I planted the seed in your hearts, Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow” 1 Corinthians 3:6 (NLT)
So, you can prepare as much as you can but the only way to get the best not just an ordinary blessing is by placing it in the hands of God. 
Till we see again 


No comments:

Post a Comment

ARE WE THERE YET?