Thursday, January 2, 2020

2020 A NEW DECADE

                                                               (Kettley, 2019)


Hi Guys and happy new year, I am so glad to be back here most importantly I am very grateful to God that I made it to the new decade. I'll let you in on a little secret though; 2020 is the scariest thing that has happened to me 😱. I know I know the year just kicked off, but I really needed to get it out there that I am scared, and I am frantically worried. Why you might ask? Well, this whole new decade stuff has me scared of the unknown. Over the past few weeks, I have been panning over the what if's in my life, making backup plans for my back up plans there were times I have considered moving to Dubai and settling with a Sheikh 😂!! For some of us, the rave of the new decade has us discouraged because when we take stock of the past decade it seems like we have not done enough, Vision 2020 does not look as clear as it should be and because we are discouraged, a lot of us have chosen not to make any plans for the next decade because why bother? Right. We all prefer to go with the flow than getting disappointed all over again because our plans fail. Yet, not all of our discouragement comes from failed plans some are a result of comparison. The 21st century has brought forth so many innovations one being social media. As great as it is that we are privileged to keep up with friends and families, it equally exposes us to the “Perfect life” and it is this life we compare ours to daily. As we begin this decade, we will see many people update us on how the past decade has been nothing more than rosy for them and we might have that twinge of "that should be me/ why is that not me". So in this new decade, rather than wallow in my past failures and delays, or that "Perfect" life the world keeps shoving down my throat, I choose to change my perception and for me to successfully do this, I must write down my goals and evaluate because a lot of times the goal is valid, we just need a new approach. Am I still scared about what 2020 holds, YESSSS, but am I going to throw in the towel and just go with the flow, NO. I employ you to also not give up no matter how scared you are, no matter how many times you have tried and failed. I charge you to go into the new year with your goals in plain sight and a plan to navigate through and most importantly with God right at the forefront. 
 "Even though I was through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You (God) are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me" - Psalms 23:4
So my avid readers, I employ you to look forward to reading more posts in this new year and they will include a lot of shedding 🙈

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARE WE THERE YET?